2023-11-06

Somehow

 Is it just me?


But somehow

I'm still here

Inside your car

Playlist loud and clear 

Just like my heart 

When I've said: let me know

when you get back 

And you sure did


But somehow

2am

Late night drive

Without traffic jam

You made a wrong turn

Another loud song

About

The things 

We left unsaid

Your eyes on me

I cannot think straight 

But this feels more 

than just getting along


But somehow

Time doesn't stop

You keep driving

And deep conversation

Keeps happening 

As some music

That I listen in loop

And cannot 

Get sick of it

'Cause you 

Got 

My whole attention


But somehow

Long drives

Aren't that bad

It doesn't hurt

The little things

Left on the thin air

Or the last hug

Bear it

With a quick 

Goodbye


But somehow

Even though

I'm pretty far

You keep me up at night

Waiting

For your drive to end

For the notification on my phone

That you got home 

Safe and sound

And so I pretend

That we are just friends


Oh my my my

But somehow 

I can finally feel

My heartbeat

And it's bittersweet 

Don't you agree?

No comments:

Post a Comment